Monday, April 29, 2024

What A Mess

Word soon reached Joab that the king was weeping and mourning for Absalom. [2 Samuel 19.1]

Absalom was dead. David was saved from the ill intentions of his own son and yet he was broken-hearted about it. Joab rebuked the king. Shimei, who had cursed David and even threw rocks at him, apologized. It turns out that Ziba had been lying about Mephibosheth...

What a mess! But that is exactly what sin does!

As it turns out, David handled the mess with grace even encouraging those around him to do likewise.

Imagine our "stuff" that God has to deal with. It would be one thing if only God had to deal with me... But He is tasked with dealing graciously (true to His character) with me and everyone else whose lives my decisions and actions affect.

Indeed, we live in a fallen world. Who but God could even attempt to sort out the messes?

Father, I am grateful for David's messed up story. It gives me hope that You can deal with my life. It all makes sense that Jesus brought forgiveness of sins (the Good News). Thank You.

No comments: