Monday, June 24, 2019

Fear God (Be Afraid)

Make the LORD of Heaven’s Armies holy in your life. He is the one you should fear. He is the one who should make you tremble. [Isaiah 8.13]

I am not ashamed to make this statement: When we truly understand God's holiness, we will be afraid of Him.

The reason for this is because we mostly understand holiness only in human terms. There is no way a 'fallen' human can truly understand God's 'un-fallen' holiness. It is not possible.

However, as one moves closer to God - gets to know Him more - learns of His ways and His Word, that person begins to understand just how holy God is. There is a reason all of heaven worships Him non-stop!

At the point one begins to understand how holy God is, is the place where one begins to be afraid of God - the point in time when one fears God - an event that invokes fear to the point of trembling.

Yes, God is to be feared! I don't mean "respected," I mean FEARED! No other power in the universe has the power to cast one into hell.

The fear of God will indeed change a person.

Father, I want to further understand Your holiness. I want to learn to fear You because You are holy.

No comments: