It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to the Most High. It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening, accompanied by a ten-stringed instrument, a harp, and the melody of a lyre. [Psalm 92.1-3]
Let's see... should I or should I not give praise to the LORD? We really have no need to ask this question. This passage from the Psalms gives us clear direction! It is GOOD to give thanks and praise to the LORD!
It seems to me that the more I praise the LORD, the more I then appreciate the LORD. It seems that praise and appreciation are tied together. In other words, if we find ourselves a little unappreciative toward the LORD (and most of us do), then we have praise and worship to help us. The more we recite all the good God is, and has done, the more we become truly appreciative.
It is as if we teach our souls to appreciate God by the exercise of worship and praise - reciting all that God is and has done. The more we engage in worship, the more that genuine appreciation is realized. The Psalmist must certainly have realized this when he wrote: You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done. [Psalm 92.4]
When is the last time I was "thrilled" with all God has done for me?
Father, You are good - Your faithful love endures forever! I want to praise You more. I want to teach my soul to appreciate You!
No comments:
Post a Comment