Let the godly sing for joy to the Lord; it is fitting for the pure to praise him. Praise the Lord with melodies on the lyre; make music for him on the ten-stringed harp. Sing a new song of praise to him; play skillfully on the harp, and sing with joy. For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does. He loves whatever is just and good; the unfailing love of the Lord fills the earth. [Psalm 33.1-5]
You know, it just seems right to worship the LORD.
Lately, I have been feeling the need to worship the LORD in song. Where I currently join other believers I have not felt a particular move of the spirit although my heart longs for times of intense worship shutting out the noise of the world. I need a personal return to times of deep reflection in worship that leave me knowing I have reached out to God and opened myself to Him.
I find myself distracted with lights and guitar solos. There is a difference between dancing in the spirit and grooving to the music - a difference that, to me, is immense although the line is fine in between. True worship avoids any appearance of human entertainment and strives to reach out to God. Any appearance of human entertainment cheapens it and is greatly distracting to the goal of reaching out to God. Entertainment feeds human lust while worship feeds the heart of God.
Let me repeat that last sentence:
Entertainment feeds human lust while worship feeds the heart of God.
One will never receive so much from music and worship as when that music and worship is focused on and given to the LORD. True worship touches the LORD, is infectious and genuinely draws others into it.
Father, I know I have convictions about worshiping You that others may deem only preferences. Help me to worship You in a manner that brings You glory and brings others along with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment