Translate

Monday, August 18, 2014

Where Are The Prophets?

Can your visions be anything but false if you claim, ‘This message is from the Lord,’ when I have not even spoken to you? [Ezekiel 13.7]

This really is a problem!

While some believe prophecy is no longer a phenomenon for today, I am not so sure I would agree.  I would however question whether or not those who claim to be prophets are indeed prophets!

As I survey the spiritual climate all around me, I find myself doubting that God has spoken to many of those who declare that He has.  Many say, 'This message is from the Lord' but has He in fact spoken to them?  The proof is obviously found in the prophecy coming to pass.  How much of that is actually happening?

Of course modern Christians have the Bible and can easily declare, 'This message is from the Lord,' but repeating what others have said is not what true prophets do!  They speak directly for the Lord!

The Apostle Paul would later explain that the Lord gave gifts to His Church - prophecy being one of those gifts (Ephesians 4.11).  This confirms to me that the office of the prophet is valid.  What seems to be largely missing though is the officer of prophecy!

Where are the prophets today?  Especially since Jesus gave His Spirit to His believers, it seems incredible that prophecy is not exercised and therefore evident everywhere!

Father, it seems like we do in fact see many of the gifts Paul the apostle spoke of to the Ephesian church.  However, prophecy is not really seen that much in the truest sense of the word and work.  Where ARE the prophets?

No comments: