Translate

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

One Step Ahead

During the third year of King Jehoiakim’s reign in Judah, King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon came to Jerusalem and besieged it.  [Daniel 1.1]

I suppose it is of no great consequence, but the events of the last couple day's readings in the One Year Chronological Bible all took place after Daniel 1.1.

In looking back to yesterday's reading, much of what took place there occurred in the fourth year of Jehoiakim's reign.  This means that Jeremiah's ordeal with dictating the message that Baruch scribed was later than Daniel's initial introduction to us as Daniel and his companions were taken captive in the third year of Jehoiakim's reign.

I don't know of any real significance of this except that God is obviously always one step ahead of what we can imagine.  God was preparing leadership even when the worst of Judah's had yet to occur.

Father, I take comfort today in knowing that no matter what my situation my be, that You already have solutions in place of which I am totally unaware.

No comments: