Translate

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

They Did It Anyway

After the king had burned the scroll on which Baruch had written Jeremiah’s words, the Lord gave Jeremiah another message.  He said, “Get another scroll, and write everything again just as you did on the scroll King Jehoiakim burned. [Jeremiah 36.27-28]

We think we have it tough!

The prophets of old were not necessarily the most popular people on the earth.  In fact, as we see here with Jeremiah, it seemed God had a death wish for him! 

After Jehoiakim had burned the first scroll, God told Jeremiah to dictate another one.  So, Jeremiah dictated the words once again to Baruch who penned them with ink on another scroll knowing their lives were for sure in jeopardy.

But, you know what?  They did it anyway.

They did it anyway, knowing full well it could be the seal of death upon their lives.  But that's how the will of God goes and I am afraid we know nothing of it today.  Oh, a few have laid down their lives in the past, and perhaps in isolated areas some still live in danger for their commitment to God, but here in the USA, as of today, no one that I am aware of is being killed for speaking God's message.

But that day could be coming...

Father, I want and need to work on my commitment to You.  I am not looking for trouble, but just knowing that trouble is many times a sign of doing what You want makes me think maybe I need a little trouble!  And, I can't believe I just said that!  LORD, do what You want to do with me and my life because knowing I am in Your will is what matters.

No comments: