Translate

Thursday, August 21, 2014

I Could Be Wrong

You will know that I am the Lord, O people of Israel, when I have honored my name by treating you mercifully in spite of your wickedness.  I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!” [Ezekiel 20.44]

This is not the only instance in today's One Year Chronological Bible reading that God spoke of protecting the honor of His own name by withholding punishment or extending mercy.

My question is this: how do we know today whether that is what God is doing or not in our time and circumstance?  We know without doubt that things are taking place on the earth that God, through the Bible, has made very clear that He detests.  Should we not also conclude that, for whatever reason, God is withholding His wrath for now, but the time will come when it will be unleashed?

We must consider the glory and honor of the LORD's name.  Whether we protect it or not, He will!

I think about the great miracles God performed to see the establishment of the United States of America...  I think about those who literally and figuratively shake their fists now at God in this country...  At what point does God fulfill His own protection of the honor of His name and take vengeance upon His foes and rebellious children?  I think only He knows.  But, if He operates consistent with the rest of the Bible, He will declare His intentions through the voice of the prophet.

I realize there are those - even in the most trusted and respected religious circles and denominations who declare that prophecy and prophets no longer exist, but they are simply wrong.  When the time is right (according only to God), I believe we will once again be faced with the 'voice of the prophet' and that voice will not be pleasant.

Oh sure, I could be wrong.  But I might not be...

Father, I am asking You to restore the office of the prophet in our time.  I know we have the Bible and I know we have Jesus and I am thankful - we should have everything we need to know and understand Your will.  However, I realize the Israel had everything they needed in the Law of Moses, but You still revealed Yourself through Your prophets.  Just like the prophets before Jesus pointed the people back to the Law of Moses, so I imagine prophets after Jesus will direct the people back to Jesus!  God, please speak once again to this generation!

No comments: