Translate

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Where's God?

I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. [Isaiah 45.19b]

I excerpted this sentence from the whole of verse 19 in Isaiah 45 because it spoke to me.  This statement makes a huge point - much can be deduced from what it says!

One thing however that begs to be questioned about this statement is this: If God is not found, then are people, in fact, not seeking Him?  

Is it possible that people 'say' they are seeking God when actually they are not (evidenced by the fact that they feel alone)?

The thing is, God said if we seek Him, He could be found.  So, if we don't find Him, then we may accurately conclude that, regardless of what we say or think, we are, in fact, not seeking the LORD.  Oh, we may be seeking for sure, but just not for the LORD.  We may be looking for answers, but not the LORD.  We may need and desire God's help all day long and yet fail to need and desire God!

God promised He could be found by those who seek Him.  This is truth.

If we do not find God, it is no fault of His as He is perfect and no liar.  If we fail to find God, that failure is indeed our own!

Father, forgive me for ever doubting that You listen.  Help me to understand and learn to actually seek You.  Help me to accurately pinpoint my own failure when it seems I am lost and cannot find the way.

No comments: