Translate

Monday, July 28, 2014

What If...

The Lord says, “I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help.  I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me.  I said, ‘Here I am, here I am!’ to a nation that did not call on my name. [Isaiah 65.1]

What if this is exactly the situation in which modern Christians find themselves?

What if we have so polished our doctrines and theology to the point we no longer need God?

What if our religious systems are so perfected that they now literally run without the help of the LORD?

What if in all the pomp and circumstance of our worship, God is nowhere to be found?

What if the direction we look to 'see God' is exactly the opposite of where He is found?

What if we have groomed ourselves to ignore the voice of God all the while declaring we are seeking Him?

What if everything we are doing in the name of religion is actually preventing us from having a genuine relationship with God?

All the scenarios above are possible.  Unless we humbly seek God with a contrite spirit, we could very well find ourselves in any one or all of the scenarios listed here.

Father, wake us up from our religious slumber and lethargy!  Let our devotion be genuine and pure.

No comments: