Translate

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Very Contemporary Application

Judah’s defenses have been stripped away.  You run to the armory for your weapons.  You inspect the breaks in the walls of Jerusalem.  You store up water in the lower pool.  You survey the houses and tear some down for stone to strengthen the walls.  Between the city walls, you build a reservoir for water from the old pool.  But you never ask for help from the One who did all this.  You never considered the One who planned this long ago. [Isaiah 22.8-11]

In Isaiah chapter 22, the prophet directs his attention toward Jerusalem.  While I have no real observations regarding the history of these events, I did notice something of very contemporary application!

When faced with adversity, it is not wrong to make preparations.  However!  When faced with adversity we brace ourselves and yet fail to seek the LORD then we have made a grave mistake!

Father, help me through all the adversities I face in life.  More specifically, help me through my current adversity that is no doubt an opportunity to see You glorified!

No comments: