Translate

Sunday, July 06, 2014

I Got This

The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race.  From his throne he observes all who live on the earth.  He made their hearts, so he understands everything they do.  The best-equipped army cannot save a king, nor is great strength enough to save a warrior.  Don’t count on your warhorse to give you victory—for all its strength, it cannot save you.  But the Lord watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love.  He rescues them from death and keeps them alive in times of famine. [Psalm 33.13-19]

Humanity is simply insufficient.  And, God understands our humanity - He knows that our best efforts ultimately fall short - way too short.  Our best army, warrior, or warhorse fails to meet the challenge - they cannot save!

However!  God will protect and preserve those who fear Him - those who trust Him - those who rely on Him alone.

Every one of us has to choose whom we will find our sufficiency in.  we have to decide whether our own efforts are enough or if we need help.

"I got this..." are words the LORD never wants to hear from us.

Father, I cannot recount the times I have thought I was sufficient to get myself through a given situation.  I need You - I need Your help!  Forgive me for ever going at it alone.

No comments: