Translate

Monday, July 07, 2014

A Reminder

O Lord, what great works you do!  And how deep are your thoughts.  Only a simpleton would not know,  and only a fool would not understand this: Though the wicked sprout like weeds and evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever. [Psalm 92.5-7]

There is no favorable reward for sin.

There is no favorable reward for sin.

There is no favorable reward for sin...

Do we have to remind ourselves that sin has no favorable reward?  If we do, then we are simpletons and fools!

Are we thoroughly convinced that following God is always right?  Do we still question whether there is benefit to obeying God?

These are real indicators of our spiritual condition.  It may not be as positive as we would like to think!

Father, I have concerns about the level of confidence I find in myself that doing Your will is 100% the way to thrive in this life...  I gauge this confidence not by what I set out to believe but by what I do.  Please help me to look at myself with no deception about what I am!

No comments: