Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's Not About Me

Isaiah is presenting God's heart and intentions for His people. Little is left to imagination as to the amount of effort God puts into redeeming His own. Awesome.

Then, in chapter 44, Isaiah pens Gods questions regarding idols. He quite practically puts idols (things made by human hands to be worshiped) in their place by virtue of the fact of their substance alone. Wood from the same block an idol is made is used to cook with and provide heat - how can that be a 'god'? Good point.

I am understanding God's effort and love for His people all through today's OT reading of Isaiah. It is nice to read through and try to absorb all that is being said here. It is nice to think that God loves me with the same love demonstrated here in Isaiah.

45.9-10 of Isaiah is very interesting. "What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator. Does a clay pot argue with its maker? Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying, 'Stop, you're doing it wrong!' Does the pot exclaim, 'How clumsy can you be?' How terrible it would be if a newborn baby said to its father, 'Why was I born?' or if it said to its mother, 'Why did you make me this way?'" Wow, I guess that pretty much puts me in my place (as it should)! If only we could stop being so proud and arrogant and for just a moment consider our Maker. If only we could lay down our 'rights' and depend entirely in Him.

God, You are God. You are my God. I will trust You. It's not about me - it's about Your will. You are the potter - I am the clay - mold me and make me according to YOUR design and plan.

No comments: