In Isaiah today I got a distinct sense of God's interaction in the lives of those He calls His own. No doubt, God cares for His own. Both yesterday and today I recognized God's relationship with His people. It is a relationship that warms the heart; that covers the soul; that soothes the difficulties of life - even in light of harsh discipline. The word pictures drawn in this portion of Isaiah have no uncertain calming effect.
And, speaking of relationship, Paul's letter to the Ephesians (chapter 2) gives a contrast of life before and after Christ's work in the individual heart. In essence, Paul states "You who were on the outside are now on the inside!" God's grace is the reason!
I would like to focus momentarily on verse 10 of chapter 2: "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." I am so happy I can say that I know people right now that I can say "they are God's work - His masterpiece!" And from what I know about a 'masterpiece' it is safe to say the masterpiece is of utmost importance to the Master! What a comforting thought.
God, thank You for the comfort of Your Word. Today, I have been blessed by it! And thank You for all Your 'masterpieces' You have allowed me to know personally. My life is so much better for it! YES!
No comments:
Post a Comment