Translate

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Give Your Burdens To The LORD

Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. [Psalm 55.22]

One thing we see and learn from David today is that it seems right and proper to "give our burdens to Him."

In fact, David calls out his difficulties before God in many of the Psalms. At times, his complaints sound quite negative and overwhelming. But David's resolve is seen clearly in Psalm 55.22 above - give it to God!

When we specify our burdens to God, then, we can know when those specific burdens have been lifted.

I am going to practice David's instruction today. I pray that anyone who reads this is encouraged to do the same.

Father, here are my burdens... 

My body is weak and I have begun to have physical limitations. Many routine functions are difficult and painful.

Also, I cannot find peace in a career rife with manipulation and self-promotion. I am not financially prepared for the future. I don't want to become a burden to society and my family.

When I look only at my situation, I become depressed and want to give up... But when I look to Your Word, I am reassured that You love me, forgive me, heal me, and provide for me. 

I will therefore declare that You are my God and that my trust is in You alone based on Jesus' work on my behalf. May the outcome of my life give no praise to anyone or anything but You my God for my rescue. May the glory for my deliverance be exclusively Yours alone!

No comments: