Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Truth

Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection. [Proverbs 30.5]

Truth. We all need truth.

What IS truth? Truth is Jesus the Messiah - the Christ - the Son of God. Truth is the life He lived as an example to all who would follow and glorify God with their lives.

Truth is when water is turned to wine.

Truth is when the dead live again.

Truth is when the blind see and the deaf hear.

Truth is when only morsels are multiplied to feed thousands.

Truth is when words stop storms.

Truth is when water becomes a walkway.

Truth is when the Kingdom is established not by domination over man, but by submission to God.

Truth is when one man gives his life for another - giving up his individuality and his rights - and even more so when giving his life for all, ...on purpose, as an act of submission, as an act of love, and specifically in the pain, shame and humility of crucifixion on a cross.

Truth is when all the above is discipled and multiplied in the lives of others.

Truth is Jesus. Truth is me when I look and live like Jesus.

God is glorified in the truth. Jesus glorified God. When I live like Jesus, I glorify God.

When I carry Jesus' words, "I am the way , the truth, and the life..." and perform the works of Jesus with no reflection of myself in them, then I too glorify God.

God's Word is true - it is truth.

Does my life show it?

Father, I have been deceived by the world and its indoctrination to love myself. Forgive me for being so blind. May Your Kingdom come! May Your will be done in and through my life as it is in heaven - as Jesus demonstrated so accurately with His life!

No comments: