The LORD knows people’s thoughts; he knows they are worthless! [Psalm 94.11]
For years I had the idea that my thoughts were mine and mine alone. I got it in my head somewhere along the way that I would not be judged for my thoughts. But this verse in Psalm 94 seems to blow my justification out the window!
Our thoughts are the beginning of all sorts of evil.
Jesus said that thoughts of lust are the same as the act of adultery.
Jesus said that thoughts of hate are the same as murder.
The Apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthian believers that every thought was to be captured and made to obey Christ. According to Paul, the mind is exactly where the believer's warfare takes place.
It would make sense then, that, until we get control of our thoughts, we are not likely to do anything else that pleases God. Until the obedience of faith makes headway in our minds, it is not likely to make headway anywhere else.
Father, forgive me for thoughts of disobedience. Forgive me for thinking I could allow my mind to wander to sinful thoughts and still be okay as long as I did not act upon those thoughts. I want to glorify You in the world, but help me first glorify You in my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment