Sunday, June 02, 2019

Finally Getting It

People may be right in their own eyes, but the LORD examines their heart. [Proverbs 21.2]

Physical punishment cleanses away evil; such discipline purifies the heart. [Proverbs 20.30]

We wonder why we suffer physical problems - suffering, pain, etc... If we are objective about what is said in the verses above, we would know why. Our hearts need to be purified. Purified of what? Sin. And, more specifically, pride.

Proverbs 21.4 says:

Haughty eyes, a proud heart, and evil actions are all sin.

So, back to the first verse listed above... Our own opinion of our guilt, or lack thereof, is irrelevant. In other words, it matters not what we think about the condition of our hearts (especially if we think we are "good." What matters is what the LORD thinks (and He knows our hearts). What happens to us tells us what the LORD thinks!

Got pain and suffering? the LORD has obviously examined your heart and found pride you knew nothing of. Repent. You may need to repent individually or as the resident of your city or state, or as a citizen of your nation. Is pride in your heart? Does your city adopt evil? Is your state a Godly state? Does your nation glorify God Almighty?

This is not popular talk. But all the Bible supports it. All the Bible supports that what happens in our bodies, finances, the weather, and circumstances around us are all controlled by God. AND, God is good and only does good, so if our circumstances are less than good, then God has for some reason looked away from us. That reason is and always is, sin. God has seen in our hearts something that we are incapable of seeing - most of the time, it is pride.  

We can either turn to science (and give logical explanations for everything), or we can turn to God.

Call me stupid as the world goes. I don't care. I want God and I want more of Him - not the world!

He is God and there is no other. He will be exalted and lifted up. Every knee will eventually bow before Him! I am choosing to bow mine before Him now.

Father, I trust You. In fact, I trust my circumstances to clearly show me where I stand with You. I trust my suffering to indicate my need for repentance. I trust that the very environment in which I live only responds to Your command and, either pours out blessing or cursing depending on the heart condition of men and mankind. God, You are in control - I am finally figuring this out! I hope I am finally getting it.


No comments: