Everyone there will stare at you and ask, ‘Can this be the one who shook the earth and made the kingdoms of the world tremble? [Isaiah 14.16]
I know most people think this is a reference to Satan. But I just don't see it. Sure, there may be similarities in the actions and outcomes of both, but, even though this could reference Satan, it is specifically written to the King of Babylon.
It is enough for me to see Babylon's king's outcome prophesied and realize that Satan's outcome is very similar. I feel like any study of these passages should be limited to the real historical facts they are.
Father, help me to see truth in Your Word. Help me to see everything Your Word provides for me to see and hear and understand. Help me to comprehend that Your Word is Your written invitation to me to know You. Thank You.
No comments:
Post a Comment