He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. [Psalm 103.3]
I am pulling this verse out by itself today to look at what it is saying.
It is no mistake that forgiveness of sins and healing of diseases are included in the same sentence.
Why? Because all diseases are the curse of God upon sin.
Repeat: All diseases are the curse of God upon sin.
Once again: All diseases are the curse of God upon sin.
So, if I need to be delivered from diseases, I need to go to the source of the disease: sin.
What do I do with sin? Well, if I am smart, I will repent of sin to God Who cursed it.
Psalm 108.12 says:
Oh, please help us against our enemies, for all human help is useless. [Psalm 108.12]
So, what about going to the doctor for my diseases? I suppose if the doctor can forgive my sin, then genuine cure for my disease is found there. Otherwise, ...all human help is useless.
Let's see then, Who forgive's sin? Back to Psalm 103.3...
He forgives all my sins...
It is all about association then, is it not?
Our modern way of thinking no longer associates our diseases with sin. Therefore, we seek cures from human help instead of forgiveness of sin from God. The results of seeking human help are mixed - at least for diseases. But what about the sin part of it? It is left untouched. And, instead of genuine healing, our human hearts are calloused to our sin though our bodies may enjoy some relief... and the cycles continues...
Father, forgive me for my ignorance of You and Your real character. And, while I know You instituted all the science behind disease, I also know that the origin of disease is still sin. I know then, it is not ironic that Jesus, the very icon of forgiveness, healed the sick and raised the dead - and was called the Great Physician. Forgive me for being so useless for Your Kingdom because I cannot even get past Jesus' life and ministry on earth and get on to the commission that I am to minister in the same way...
No comments:
Post a Comment