Wednesday, June 08, 2016

The Will of God

So the king paid no attention to the people. This turn of events was the will of God, for it fulfilled the Lord’s message to Jeroboam son of Nebat through the prophet Ahijah from Shiloh. [2 Chronicles 10.15]

I could not help but just wonder today what God has spoken about the USA recently. Are the events taking place at this time the will of God?

Now, saying something is the "will of God" could mean a lot of things unfortunately. Frankly, everything is the will of God if indeed God is Supreme over every detail of everything. So, just because God prophesied that something would happen (through a prophet) would not mean that it was God's desire that it happen, but that it was something God foretold. In that way, it is God's will because He has already made plans accordingly.

I don't know really if what I am saying here is right or not. But what I do know is that the Bible is pretty clear about God's character and to think that God would desire for something bad to happen to people does not match that character. On the other hand, for God to predict something that was going to happen in the future (like Rehoboam not listening to the people) is a clear indicator of His love and concern for the people so they might prepare for events that would be difficult.

Father, all I know is that You are good and Your faithful love endures forever. Anything estimation of You that does not line up with that must be questioned and so I will question it!

No comments: