Friday, July 24, 2015

Ignorance

This is what the Lord says—Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies: “I am the First and the Last; there is no other God. Who is like me? Let him step forward and prove to you his power. Let him do as I have done since ancient times when I established a people and explained its future. Do not tremble; do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim my purposes for you long ago? You are my witnesses—is there any other God? No! There is no other Rock—not one!” [Isaiah 44.6-8]

Again today, I am reminded just how important it is for believers to know the Bible. It really is not enough to vaguely remember a few Sunday School lessons from childhood. Christians should delve into the particulars of the claims God has made about Himself. As well, we should be intimately acquainted with Bible prophecies both fulfilled and yet to come. In short, we should be as astute to know the Bible as we know anything!

I believe Christians are largely powerless because they are ignorant of God - they know a little about God, but they really don't know Him like a child knows (and trusts) a loving parent. Consequently, when un-truths are presented to ignorant Christians, they are none the wiser and their hearts and minds are filled with poison that makes their eyes dull and their ears closed to the Spirit of God.

God help us.

We place more faith in the weather forecast than we do in the Bible - and sadly for many, more time is dedicated to the weather forecast than to the Bible. Mankind has made an idol of knowledge. While it is noble to inquire into the workings of the universe, it is idolatrous if done to somehow disprove God. Man now largely believes he is responsible for climate change and that, if he does not correct it, then the earth could be lost. 

I, for one, believe the earth, as created by God, is more resilient than that! I believe the earth may experience limited effects of man's presence, but I also believe the earth will overcome man before man overcomes it! In other words, the earth will correct itself - even if it means great suffering - even extermination - at the mankind level.

But back to the post... The ignorance of Christians about God and the Bible has left them vulnerable to "Man-is-God" idolatry. Ignorance of the Bible blinds the eyes of man to see and understand that God claimed 'Creator-ship' of the earth and furthermore claimed and PROVED control of the earth by predictions of otherwise uncontrollable events and happenings that man today still terms "Acts of God."

Why does mankind still not get it? Because of ignorance of God and the Bible. Christians claim membership in the Kingdom of God but are deeply ignorant of the membership manual.

Father, I want to know You and make You known. Help me make that more of a self-mandate every moment I live.

No comments: