As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. [Psalm 42.1]
The question is: do I really long for God? I think I do, but then sometimes I really wonder if I long for Him or not. Or, perhaps, I long for God but don't seem to find the satisfaction of finding Him.
Verses 2 and 3 say this: I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? Day and night I have only tears for food, while my enemies continually taunt me, saying, “Where is this God of yours?” [Psalm 42.2-3]
Unlike what the Psalmist wrote, I ask myself "Where is this God of yours?" Am I taunting myself? Am I my own enemy?
Verse 11 gives the solution:
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again—my Savior and my God! [Psalm 42.11]
Discouragement is a reality of life. Every Christian will, at some time, experience discouragement. The key is to handle it correctly. According to the Psalmist, hope and praise are essential to surviving and overcoming discouragement.
Father, You are good and Your faithful love endures forever. I will put my hope in You! I will praise You again-my Savior and my God!
No comments:
Post a Comment