Translate

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Small Things

Then another message came to me from the Lord: “Zerubbabel is the one who laid the foundation of this Temple, and he will complete it.  Then you will know that the Lord of Heaven’s Armies has sent me.  Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.” [Zechariah 4.8-10]

While there seems to be a lot going on at this point in the One Year Chronological Bible, I think I am understanding that it is still describing the the latter part of Israel's captivity in Babylon.  Zerubbabel has begun the work of rebuilding the Temple in Jerusalem...

I may be on a complete tangent here, but it seems to me that the message from God found here would be indicating some clue as to ascertaining the will of God (in perhaps any situation).  To know God's will may require first looking to see what it is that has already begun in or around our own lives - small as it may be - and understand that it is God Who is doing that small thing, and that that small thing is in fact the indicator of the larger thing that God is doing!

It is certainly worth taking a look at the small things!

Father, help me to evaluate the small things going on in and around me right now so that I might determine what the big picture of what You are doing is!

No comments: