Translate

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Know God! Be Strong!

“His [the king of the north's] army will take over the Temple fortress, pollute the sanctuary, put a stop to the daily sacrifices, and set up the sacrilegious object that causes desecration.  He will flatter and win over those who have violated the covenant.  But the people who know their God will be strong and will resist him. [Daniel 11.31-32]

I make no claims here to having any real knowledge of what is being said here as told by Daniel.  even though I feel myself beginning to grasp a little more of this portion of the Bible, I still remain far away from any continuity in my comprehension of it.

However, one thing I understood quite well today is the last sentence in the quoted passage above: But the people who know their God will be strong and will resist him.

I have no difficulty whatsoever in comprehending this timeless truth that those who know God will be strong.  In other words, strength is found in knowing God.

For a moment though, I would like to play out the opposite of the statement above: people who do NOT know their God will be weak.  Or, to put it another way, weakness comes from not knowing God.

Are we strong or are we weak?  It all depends on knowing God.  The sad thing though, is that many religious folks have pacified themselves in their weakness to believe they know God!  But this belief is a misconception - even a deception from an enemy who would have God's people remain weak.

Father, I want to know You - I want to walk in Your strength!  Be glorified in me!

No comments: