Translate

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

All This Talk

For I was ashamed to ask the king for soldiers and horsemen to accompany us and protect us from enemies along the way.  After all, we had told the king, “Our God’s hand of protection is on all who worship him, but his fierce anger rages against those who abandon him.”  So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer. [Ezra 8.22-23]

If only more people who claim faith in God would follow Ezra's example!

We make all this talk about God protecting and keeping us, but then, it really doesn't show up in our daily life and actions.  In other words, we don't act like our lives are secure in God.

Father, I feel sometimes I am the worst about being faithless.  Please forgive me and help me to seek ways to actually show that I am trusting in You.

No comments: