Translate

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Some Things Never Change

“Listen to this message from the Lord, you nations of the world; proclaim it in distant coastlands: The Lord, who scattered his people, will gather them and watch over them as a shepherd does his flock. [Jeremiah 31.10]

Jeremiah's message to Judah was pretty simple in the context of today's One Year Chronological Bible reading: "The Lord will scatter you and the Lord will gather you up again."

It appears there were no options for what was to come.  The punishment upon Judah was determined and it would be carried out, period.  Much of what today's reading addresses are the interactions between Jeremiah and various people regarding some folks' questions of the validity of Jeremiah's prophecies.  Jeremiah told them what was to come, but many refused to accept it.  Some things never change.

Father, I want to accept Your Word as You speak to my heart because I know, whether I like it or not, what You speak will come to pass and it will go better for me if I embrace what You say instead of rejecting it!

No comments: