Translate

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Growing Continuity

I think this is the first time reading through the One Year Chronological Bible that I have felt a sense of growing continuity between all the events described and prophesied.  In doing so, and as I have already remarked, there seems to be an enormous amount of the Bible dedicated to the Babylonian captivity.  Where other events are broadly covered in the Bible, the Babylonian captivity seems to me to contain more detail.

I anticipate over time the continuity of this period of time will become increasingly more familiar to me in its chronological context and will ultimately reveal even more clearly God's plan for mankind through the nation of Israel.  I wish I could, from this moment, fast-forward in my journey here to see how true my statement here is!  But I can't!

Father, in a world of "noise" most of which denies Your Sovereignty and active participation in the lives of men, I am grateful that Your Word is actively dissuading me from listening to that noise.  THANK YOU!

No comments: