Translate

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Comfort

The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words.  I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss.  Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.  I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” [Lamentations 3.19-24]

The last several days for me have been spent near my father's brother who is dying a horribly painful death from pancreatic cancer.  I have seen and heard  things I would prefer not to have seen or heard during this time and I have already begun to grieve for our family and particularly for my aunt who will miss him unspeakably.

I have had many thoughts during this process.  I have begged the LORD to heal my uncle.  My begging evolved in time to pleading for my uncle's suffering to cease.  Still his condition deteriorated and, as I write this, he remains on fractionally alive.

And then this One Year Chronological Bible reading happens to be today, the day that will surely be my uncle's last upon this earth.

Father, You are good and You are faithful.  You give me the words - Your Word - for this situation.  Thank You.

No comments: