Translate

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Psalm 107

Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them. [Psalm 107.8 (also 15, 21 & 31]

In Psalm 107 there appears to be four categories of people redeemed by the LORD.  

There were those lost and homeless in the wilderness.  There were those who were miserable - apparently suffering 'hard labor' due to some rebellion.  Others were simply fools who suffered for their sins.  The last group were sailors - seemingly just doing their job while fallen upon by treacherous events.

I have no idea why the distinctions were made by the Psalmist, but they were.  Frankly, I have no recollection of ever having noticed these distinctions in all the times I have read this in the past.  Be that as it is, these groups all were redeemed by the LORD and had every reason to praise and thank the LORD.

I am guessing I can find myself in one or all of these groups at some time or another.  However, the point seems to be that each of these groups were encouraged to worship God.  All were admonished to "praise the LORD for His great love and for the wonderful things He has done for them..."

Father, I find myself reminded yet once again of the need to praise You and worship You for Who You Are and what You have done for me!  THANK YOU!

No comments: