Translate

Friday, July 04, 2014

Be Still

“Be still, and know that I am God!  I will be honored by every nation.  I will be honored throughout the world.” [Psalm 46.10]

I realize that there are obviously some very good passages in today's One Year Chronological Bible reading.  However, this well-known verse always speaks to me.  Always.

When all my life is in turmoil, the LORD reminds me, "Be still."

When I am unsure which way to turn... "Be still."

When my nation seems to have completely forgotten God and has turned instead to its own power, might, and knowledge... "Be still."

When my family experiences rough patches... "Be still."

When I feel spiritually lonely... "Be still."

Father, I am glad that You have anticipated my life and prescribed the best medicine... "Be still!"

No comments: