Translate

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What Is A Person To Do?

But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm. [Proverbs 1.33]

You know, this little scripture can be damning.  

The fact is, all that precedes the scripture verse above describes the way God will ignore and bring turmoil on those who reject His guidance.  Frankly, much of what I hear myself and others complain about as workers or those trying to follow God sounds dangerously close to what the bulk of Proverbs 1 describes for those who reject God's guidance.

There, I said it.

Now what?

It seems an evaluation of all that I am doing (and plan to do) seems in order.  The key to success however is found in lining up with wisdom (what better source than Proverbs?) and rejecting popular advice from the world or my own inclinations.

This sounds easy enough... NOT!

The problem lies in the intricacies and layers of detail upon detail - all tied together in some way or another.  Every decision seems to weigh heavy on other decisions.  The "domino effect" is real.  Or, it could be that I simply do not have what it takes to 'man up' and do what I know is right because I am afraid of failure (something God said He would prevent if I only follow Him).

What is a person to do?

Follow God.

Follow God regardless of what the ramifications appear to be.  Follow God because He is God and He will accept no other option!

Again, it will not be easy.  But it will be right.  And, the person who follows God will live in peace - not fearful of harm... that's where we need to be, right?

Father, help me to stop listening to myself and the world and start listening to You and You alone.  Help those I love to do the same.  Let it be that our faith would be real and evident.  Be glorified in us!

No comments: