Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In Christ

I would love to cut-n-paste all of Ephesians 1 here. Everything about it is amazing. Paul made it clear he was writing to believers and so what he had to say was not so much evangelistic as it was informative. And, I might add, informative it is!

"In Christ" is the key to Ephesians 1 as best I can tell. It is "in Christ" that we are adopted into God's family (even "predestined" because it was God's heart all along to bring Christ to Himself - and those who trust in Christ assume that same predestination). It is "in Christ" we are given the Holy Spirit. It is "in Christ" we are given the very incredible greatness of God's power.

In Christ.

As I read this today, once again, I am reminded of my own shortcomings regarding my standing "in Christ." Paul's words are very clear that the benefit associated with Jesus Christ are not only futuristic, but contemporary as well.

Father, thank You for Paul's insight into the life of the believer. Paul's words are so far beyond the life application we see in practice today, but I am compelled to strive toward further understanding and practice - compelled to journey on - "in Christ."

No comments: