Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Simple Plan

Being a true prophet of the Lord in Jeremiah's day was no walk in the park for sure! Jeremiah must have had an incredible relationship with God. Otherwise he would surely have doubted his own message. I can imagine he was a lonely man.

2 Thessalonians 3.5 jumped out at me this morning: "May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ."

Three things here: 1.) understanding the love of God, 2.) expressing the love of God and 3.) patiently enduring are the desired results Paul prays for these people. Man, that's a complete list if ever I saw one! It makes me wonder if these things are truly evident in my life; loving God, loving man, and enduring (or faithfulness). Can I do this today? Will I do this today?

God help me...help us all...to grow in our relationship with You. Help us love one another with Your love. And, grant us the grace to walk with Christ that we may endure. Thank You for the simplicity of Your plan for our lives!

No comments: