In Jeremiah today we find more prophecy about the fall and destruction of Babylon. As I read this today I could not help but wonder, "Could all this calamity be avoided by Babylon?" I know they were God's instrument of captivity for Israel, but did they have a choice (ever) about their ultimate destiny? Interesting it is that Jeremiah pointed out (in prophecy) the destruction of their God Bel (51.44). Could they have chosen to serve the Living God?
In the NT reading today I see Paul encouraging Titus in faithful, consistent "order" in the church. The main idea of it all is for us to show by our lives a life worth living to the world. I know we can get hung up on this "order" thing, but if we do, I believe we are missing the point. The main point, as I see it, is that our lives speak of our faith - whether we are man, woman, boy, girl, leader, follower, slave, or free.
Is my life declaring my faith?
Help me, Lord, by my life to proclaim my faith in You. Let others see in me hope for themselves. May all who see me see and know You!
No comments:
Post a Comment