Did anyone else notice today how Psalm 102 paralleled both the Old and New Testament readings? There is undeniable lamentation over suffering. That suffering is a direct result of God's judgment. Regardless however, God's mercy is trusted and desperately sought out. There is a definite confidence in God's character of mercy but also in the fact that He is the unchanging Creator.
Hmm.
God, You have brought me to this place that is deserted and dry. I feel like a baby torn from its mother. I cannot tell what tomorrow will bring. Days are becoming weeks and weeks months and still I am wandering to find Your way. But I look to You my Lord for only You can alter my situation. Change my heart. I am glad I am Yours - redeemed by the blood of Jesus. This is my only hope and comfort - that my life is hid with Christ in God. Show Yourself strong today on my behalf - let all who see me witness Your unchanging creative power toward me, one who trusts in You.
No comments:
Post a Comment