Today I got a little more understanding from Isaiah since it spoke directly of historical events. I definitely need a better grip on Isaiah!
Galatians 6 is packed full of good reading. Verses 1-6 guide us to a right attitude about living in general: be gentle, be humble, be careful, share... Why is it that something so 'nice' is so hard to do?
Verse 9 of chapter 6 is perhaps one of the highlights of the chapter... "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up." In the context of this writing, Paul is not being legalistic here, but urging us to treat people right - that's what it is all about. We know God loves people. We know God is patient and kind to people (He ALWAYS delays severity as long as possible). So we should simply treat people right - whatever it is that is genuinely good. That should be our goal every day we live in every circumstance we encounter.
I said I love Galatians a few days ago. It's kind of like enjoying a spanking! HA! I still love it though. I am grateful for the spiritual depth of the book.
Thank You Lord for Your Word. It is indeed good and brings about good in my life. Help me live it - help me walk in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment