Man, the prophecies in Isaiah are intense! I would like to see an accurate comparison of each prophecy to its fulfillment. Sometimes it seems to me the prophecy is more harsh than the fruition of the event. I wonder if it is just the way history is recorded?
Paul gets down to the nitty gritty in Galatians 5.13-26. In continuation of yesterday's thoughts, I find a fine line concerning this 'freedom' we have in Christ. It comes down to the motivation we have for what we do. If we are using our 'freedom' simply to satisfy our sinful nature, then we have missed the mark. Our freedom is intended to enable us to "serve one another in love". Paul further simplifies his position in verse 14 of chapter 5, "For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself.""
Ok, that should be simple enough, right? If only that were true! We have some serious decisions to make, namely, will we follow the Spirit or the flesh? It really matters not what we say, but what 'shows up' in our lives tells the story... Verses 19-23 define the results of the choices we make. There is really no argument or explanation necessary. The 'fruit' seen in our lives, whether it be that of following our sinful nature in verse 19-21, or, that of following the Spirit in verses 22-23, says it all.
Ouch.
God, I can say, "You know my heart" all day long, but the fruit of my life says more than my own heart ever could. I am afraid what the fruit of my life says much of the time is not good. Help me walk more in Your good Holy Spirit and less in my sinful nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment