Thursday, September 14, 2006

Good Stuff

I did an internet search this morning for "Isaiah timeline" and found several different resources from which to ascertain some idea of historical facts surrounding Isaiah's writing. There is so much information available!

Galatians gets kicked off this morning in the NT portion of the OYB reading. This letter from the apostle Paul to the church at Galatia is one of my personal favorites. Today's reading is mostly Paul's introduction and qualification of himself to speak authoritatively against the penetration of the Judaeizers (those wishing to enforce the 'old covenant' Law) into the 'new convenant' Galatian church. "I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, Who called you to Himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way the pretends to be the Good News but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ." Galatians 1.6-7 What will follow in the next days' readings is GOOD STUFF!

A couple days ago in the prayer at the end of my blog, I mentioned knowledge. I am encouraged to continue to study and learn from the Word by today's Proverbs reading: "Commit yourself to instruction; listen carefully to words of knowledge. Proverbs 23.12

Once again, thank You Lord for Your Word. Help me to absorb it more and more each and every day I live and let the Light of Your Word, Jesus, shine through my daily life for all to see!

No comments: