Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Genuine Faith

I am not ignoring Isaiah. I just need to soak it up a bit more. A timeline would sure be helpful for this book and the prophecies found in it…

IN the NT reading today, Paul has been defending his position and authority in the lives of the Corinthian church. I suppose this writing should give us some idea of what role our spiritual leaders should have in our lives. It is very evident that Paul definitely has a heart for these people. And yet, he comes across quite firmly on several instances in this letter.

2 Corinthians 13.5: "Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you (or in you); if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith." Good test! Is Jesus in me? Is Jesus evident around me? Wow, how simple is this test?

I love Paul’s closing remarks in verse 11. “Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.” Awesome!

No comments: