Monday, August 31, 2026

What if...?

“Then hold out the pieces of wood you have inscribed, so the people can see them. And give them this message from the Sovereign LORD: I will gather the people of Israel from among the nations. I will bring them home to their own land from the places where they have been scattered. I will unify them into one nation on the mountains of Israel. One king will rule them all; no longer will they be divided into two nations or into two kingdoms. They will never again pollute themselves with their idols and vile images and rebellion, for I will save them from their sinful apostasy. I will cleanse them. Then they will truly be my people, and I will be their God. [Ezekiel 37.20-23]

What if the prophecy in Ezekiel 37.20-23 is not about the nation of Israel, but about God's people everywhere? And what if this event yet remains in the future?

Look at what Jesus prayed in John 17:

“I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began! [John 17.20-24]

Is there any correlation between Jesus' prayer and what Ezekiel wrote? 

What if the people of Israel prophesied by Ezekiel is indeed all who will ever believe in me through their message that Jesus prayed for?

What if home to their own land prophesied by Ezekiel is indeed not a physical place but the spiritual place as you are in me, Father, and I am in you that Jesus prayed for ? 

What if the mountains of Israel prophesied by Ezekiel is indeed the where I am Jesus prayed for?

What if them all prophesied by Ezekiel is indeed these whom you have given me Jesus prayed for?

What if no longer will they be divided into two nations or into two kingdoms prophesied by Ezekiel is indeed such perfect unity that Jesus prayed for?

What if They will never again pollute themselves with their idols and vile images and rebellion prophesied by Ezekiel is the the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one that Jesus prayed for?

What if Ezekiel's prophecies are still ahead of us?

What if? 

Father, I know You chose Israel to reveal Yourself to the world and to point to Messiah, Jesus. I know that Israel's repeated idolatry is our warning against idolatry. I know that Israel's deliverance is our deliverance. I know that Jesus makes every believer "Israel." May Your people, "Israel," truly give up their own way, take up their cross, and follow Jesus. So be it.

No comments: