“I am the LORD, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me? [Jeremiah 32.27]
Do we take out loans at interest, or trust God to miraculously provide for us?
“I am the LORD, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me? [Jeremiah 32.27]
Do we insure every belonging and facet of life, or do we trust God to miraculously protect us?
“I am the LORD, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me? [Jeremiah 32.27]
Do we take every medicine that comes along promising better or longer life, or do we trust God to miraculously preserve our health?
“I am the LORD, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me? [Jeremiah 32.27]
Do we allow technology to tell us what we need, or trust God to miraculously keep us free from its cycle of unending obsolescence?
“I am the LORD, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me? [Jeremiah 32.27]
QUESTION: But, doesn't God use the industries of finance, insurance, medicine and technology to meet man's needs?
ANSWER: Why should God have to use the man-made industries of finance, insurance, medicine and technology if He would make the following statement and question:
“I am the LORD, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me? [Jeremiah 32.27]
If our miracle-working jealous God is limited by nothing, why would He ever choose to use man's alternative methods of providing for His people - methods that man could (and eventually would) depend on without Him (instead of Him)?
THINK! Would my wife (with whom I am in full marriage covenant with - she is totally mine, and I am totally hers) ever give me the phone number of a prostitute (let alone set up a rendezvous) for that prostitute to have sex with me in exchange for money? Would my wife invite that prostitute over to our own house? She will not do it, and she will make no provision for me to do it!
"Preposterous," you say??? But that is exactly what God's covenant people do when they insist that God uses the man-made ways of the world to meet their needs - needs He said He alone would provide as part of His covenant relationship with His people!
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. [Matthew 6.33]
“If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. [Matthew 16.24]
God, Who claims, "I am the LORD, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?" is asking His people right now, "Do you trust Me for everything you need?"
Father, we are without excuse for our idolatry and refusal to trust You alone for our every need (whether we can figure it out or not). Our sin of idolatry is greater than at any other time in history. Few consider Jesus' words quoted above with any gravity but instead intentionally and conveniently view them through abstract glasses. We are grossly idolatrous and clueless to the fact that our idolatry is the source of so much sin in our lives that we are powerless to overcome. Father, please forgive me for my spiritual prostitution and every attempt to justify it with religion and abstract faith. May I be found giving up my own way, taking up my cross, and following Jesus... I don't need the world's approval. I don't need religion's approval. I need Your approval. I trust You. So be it.
No comments:
Post a Comment