Thursday, July 23, 2026

God Wants Us All To Himself

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. [Isaiah 41.10] 

What if God showed up today and said the words above to you?

Well, He did. You just read them!

He just said them to me too. I needed them today.

What else do we need from God to finally trust Him?

What else do we need from God to finally trust Him ALONE?

When our eyes behold all manner of "solutions" (and there are many), our focus on any one solution is diluted and weak. For this reason, God gave us His commandments. Let's consider the first three:

“I am the LORD your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery. “You must not have any other god but me. “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands. “You must not misuse the name of the LORD your God. The LORD will not let you go unpunished if you misuse his name. [Exodus 20.2-7]

God alone is God. He demands that we have no other god.

God is jealous. He demands that we make nothing else for ourselves in which to trust.

God's name is powerful. He demands that we not associate His name with anything or anyone else. 

When God says, "I am with you..." that means He is all sufficient. He is all we need.

When God says, "Don't be discouraged, for I am your God," that means we have no excuse to worry or fear and certainly no reason to seek help elsewhere.

When God says, "I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand,," that means He does not need any assistance whatsoever.

The worst thing a prospective lover can do on a date is bring another friend. No matter how one views that scenario (purely or impurely) it is just wrong. So, "Jealous" God wants us all to Himself.

Father, may we see our impasse against You when we show up to be with You but we bring an idol. Help us to keep our relationship with You pure and holy. So be it.

No comments: