Translate

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Doesn't Play Well With Others...

The Fish Gate was built by the sons of Hassenaah. They laid the beams, set up its doors, and installed its bolts and bars. Meremoth son of Uriah and grandson of Hakkoz repaired the next section of wall. Beside him were Meshullam son of Berekiah and grandson of Meshezabel, and then Zadok son of Baana. Next were the people from Tekoa, though their leaders refused to work with the construction supervisors. [Nehemiah 3.3-5]

I don't know he whole story about the people of Tekoa, but it seems that every group has a person or smaller group within it that "doesn't play well with others."

While everyone was working on the same goal, to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem, the people of Tekoa took issue with the supervisors.

Simply put, I want to work in unity toward the goal of God's Kingdom.

Father, help me today to review my life for how well I work with people. May I be focused on the goal of Your Kingdom and strive to be in unity with those leading.

No comments: