Thursday, March 28, 2024

What To Do, And How To Do It (work in progress)

Then Joshua asked them, “How long are you going to wait before taking possession of the remaining land the LORD, the God of your ancestors, has given to you? Select three men from each tribe, and I will send them out to explore the land and map it out. They will then return to me with a written report of their proposed divisions of their new homeland. [Joshua 18.3-4]

To see how Israel acquired the Promised Land gives me direction for how to operate in the Kingdom. Today's OYCB reading further defines what my Kingdom growth might look like.

In continuation of the idea started in God Does Lists... from a couple days ago, it makes perfect sense that Joshua would direct Israel to further define their remaining territories by "mapping them out." Oh, this is good...

As I look over my list of "territories that remain unconquered," Israel's example indicates that I would do well to further develop my list of what needs to be done, by adopting and writing out an action plan for how to do it!

Hmm.

For me personally, my number one "territory that remains to be conquered" is selfishness and self-seeking. If I were to "map out" a plan to conquer this territory, it would seem prudent, as I understand what that selfishness is, to position myself to do the opposite. It will take God's power to make it happen, but it won't happen at all unless I submit myself to the potential!

I am going to stop right here because I want to review my "remaining territory" list and see how this "maps out."

Father, please help me to map out what territory remains unconquered in my life. I have an idea what the territories are, but I am asking You to help me draw the map for how to conquer them.

No comments: