Translate

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Psalm 119 Rocks!

Look upon my suffering and rescue me, for I have not forgotten your instructions. Argue my case; take my side! Protect my life as you promised. The wicked are far from rescue, for they do not bother with your decrees. LORD, how great is your mercy; let me be revived by following your regulations. Many persecute and trouble me, yet I have not swerved from your laws. Seeing these traitors makes me sick at heart, because they care nothing for your word. See how I love your commandments, LORD. Give back my life because of your unfailing love. The very essence of your words is truth; all your just regulations will stand forever. [Psalm 119.153-160]

Psalm 119 rocks! I am blown away today by the descriptions in Psalm 119 about how God's Word affects every area of life.

Every Christian should make a concentrated effort to understand Psalm 119 in that it points out the significance of God's Word every day in our lives. It also reminds us of the promises of God and how those promises are attached to obedience.

Father, thank You for Your Word. And, thank You in particular for Psalm 119 and its focus on the importance of Your Word in the moment-by-moment affairs of our lives.

No comments: