Translate

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Which Way Is It?

So Ahab summoned all the people of Israel and the prophets to Mount Carmel. Then Elijah stood in front of them and said, “How much longer will you waver, hobbling between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him! But if Baal is God, then follow him!” But the people were completely silent. [1 Kings 18.20-21]

I feel like I am at this crossroads today. I feel like all the Lord has been speaking to me over the last few months about faith (knowledge of God) versus human reasoning (knowledge of man) is related directly to what is said here in 1 Kings. The Apostle Paul spoke about it like this:

We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. [2 Corinthians 10.3-5]

If the LORD is God, follow him!

But if Baal is God, then follow him!

Isn't it time that God's people distinguish themselves from the world? Isn't it time that God's people, obediently operating in the knowledge of God, separate themselves from the world that rebelliously operates in the knowledge of man (human reason)?

I can only speak for myself here, but I cannot adequately express here the turmoil I experience in my own need  for healing (a miracle) when so many in the "religious community" advise me to get medical help. I have not encountered one soul who denies that God is Healer (or, at least can heal), but I am discouraged by so many who say, "You know God gave us doctors and medicine to heal us!" 

Really?

And so, did God give us bundles of cash to pay for all the doctors and medicine too?

And if God has provided bundles of cash for doctors and medicine, why is it then that even the richest among us still die from disease?

And worse, there are those who then say, "Sometimes God chooses not to heal."

How much longer will you waver, hobbling between two opinions?

I don't want to waiver! I don't want to hobble between two opinions!

Elijah was a radical in his day. Imagine that.

Father, I want to please You with the only thing I have to please You with - the faith YOU GAVE ME! I need and want Your intervention in my life! May I be challenged in my wavering. May I be challenged in my hobbling between two opinions! May my life glorify YOU by demonstration of Your preeminence over human reasoning, knowledge, science and medicine! If it puts me at odds with the majority, then so be it - I desire to honor YOU!

No comments: