Translate

Sunday, June 26, 2022

It's That Simple

My people are being destroyed because they don’t know me. [Hosea 4.6a]

What a timeless truth spoken by the prophet Hosea!

In this day and age when knowledge is at an all-time high, people are more ignorant of God than ever before. Among the reasons why might be found mankind's obsession with busyness.

However, busyness cannot really be blamed, otherwise "knowledge" would suffer as well, right?

It comes down to our determination of what is and what is not important. Sadly, the Word of God draws the "short stick" when it comes to what we determine is most important. Therefore, what is least important gets the least amount of time and commitment.

We don't know God because we do not spend enough time with Him (His Word and prayer) to get to know Him. And, because we don't know Him, we are destroyed.

It's that simple.

Father, forgive me for allowing myself to be so busy with other things that my relationship with You suffers and consequently I do not know You as I should.

No comments: