Translate

Thursday, May 26, 2022

God First

It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones. [Psalm 127.2]

Do you suppose this really means anything?

Of course, it does!

However, what it means is that our focus should not be on getting food to eat, but instead on being one of God's "loved ones."

If, in fact, we spent as much effort in our relationship with God as we did on getting provision for ourselves, how might our lives look differently?

Father, forgive me for allowing myself to get so distracted with providing for myself that my relationship with You suffers. Help me to genuinely see the uselessness of toiling all the time to "make it" when Your Word says You will provide.

No comments: